Apple Wireless Keyboard
- 8/16/2013 Corrected Page Down & Home functionality
- 8/20/2013 Shift + Home or End key is now supported
- 8/22/2013 Removed updater in favor of a RSS channel
- 8/22/2013 Swap Alt<>Cmd keys option
- 8/26/2013 Revamped audio control
- 8/29/2013 Display brightness controls
- 11/19/2013 Fixed some issues with swapping controls, added the - ability to swap Ctrl and Caps Lock
- 10/4/2015 Whole new version, tested on Windows 10. Now you can set the bindings however you want in the settings! Bindings should -now correctly save.
- 10/6/2015 Added option to right click and select delete to delete a binding in addition to deleting it by pressing the delete key
- 10/8/2015 Fixed a bug that caused unusually high CPU usage.
AppleWirelessKeyboard is a small utility program for Windows that talks to the Apple Wireless Keyboard and responds to the Fn and Eject keys. Then it simulates native mac functionality. It adds the beautiful semitransparent overlays adds functions to otherwise dead keys. If you love the Apple Wireless Keyboard as much as I do, give this project a try.
The project is now open source on GitHub!
- Function Keys
- F1-F2: Brightness Control on supported devices
- F3: Print Screen
- F4: Task Manager
- F7-F9: Media Control
- F10-F12: System Volume Control
- Ctrl + F9: Switch audio output devices
- Eject: toggle if function keys work as on Windows or as on Mac
- Fn + function key triggers the Mac like shortcut
- Fn + Backspace = Delete
- Fn + Arrows
- Up: Page Up
- Down: Page Down
- Left: Home
- Right: End
- Fn + Eject: Eject CD
- Some antivirus programs detect this program as a virus. This is because it is intercepts key presses to provide its functionality. If you are still afraid, you can use one of may decompilers to examine the source code of the program.
- Apple Wired Keyboard is supported, but the fn key will not work. Thats because the keyboard doesn't send the event to the computer at all. Fn key doesn't work on Apple USB Keyboard. Its a hardware issue i can't fix.
- This program doesn't install on your computer. All you have to do to get rid of it is to delete the file you downloaded.